Thursday, June 5, 2008

Bad Thing Happen in Three's

How many times have I been told, "Bad things always happen in three's". Yeah, like if I hurry and get those out of the way, every thing will be roses again. I don't think so, but I am still hoping that's the case.

I should have known when the van broke down the first time that some thing else was in the works. Definitely after the second time it broke down a red light of acknowledgment should have gone off. But no. Not until someone pointed out the other day the old wives tale of, "Bad things happen in three's" did it dawn on me.

Well, I have hit my third, and hopefully my last, bad thing. I was washing a load of laundry and my washer broke down in the middle of the cycle. I had to pull out all the cloths, hand ring them, and throw them in the dryer. Then I had to empty the water one cup at a time. I never realized how much water a washer can hold, until I had to haul it across my basement to be dumped in the shower.

At least the washer waited until I'd washed most of the laundry before breaking down. I figure if I make my kids wear one outfit a week, we may be able to last a whole month without the washer. But Big D is a bit picky about wearing his socks only once, that could pose a problem. Maybe if I fold them and put them away he will think they are clean. I might be able to get away with that once per pair.

I pray that the Lord doesn't count the van breaking down twice and one bad thing, because it's one van. I really need them to count as two, I don't think we can handle any more bad things happening for awhile. For quite awhile!

1 comment:

Camie said...

I love your new look!! It's wonderful! Feels like you're sitting down to a cup of hot cocoa and a nice conversation.