Thursday, June 19, 2008

3rd 25 Things that Make Me Happy

75. A long walk to help cool down, or wind up. 6/12/08
74. New/Used Washers that work, and entertain the kids. Big D held down the button for two cycles so the kids could watch our new machine wash cloths. They had so much fun they wanted daddy to do a third cycle. 6/11/08
73. A really good speech that invigorates my sense of purpose in life. I read J.K. Rowling's commencment speech she delivered to the 2008 graduates of Harvard. She did a fabulous job inspiring the soul to get out there and take life as it comes, especially the inevitable failures. 6/10/08
72. Going out of business sales. 6/9/08
71. Sunday Dinner's at my in-laws. 6/8/08
70. Saturday's with nothing to do but hold my boo. 6/7/08
69. Cold Rainy Days that force my kids to stay inside and interact with me instead of running off playing with their friends. 6/6/08
68. Flood Irrigation, the kids love to play in it and it is economical for watering our backyard. If we didn't have it I don't think we'd be able to have a green lawn. 6/5/08
67. Parks in general, they help the sanity level when I have all six kids to watch. 6/4/08
66. Free Lunches at the park for the kids 6/2/08
65. Kids Weekends at Grandma's and Papa's. 5/31/08
64. Lots and Lots of Water when eating Indian food. 5/30/08
63. Gas Powered Lawn Mowers, I remember having to mow my grandmother's lawn with a manual push mower, it was back breaking work. It doesn't help she lives on a hill. Now days we have gas powered mowers, some that even have a drive to them. I love mowing my lawn, but I don't think I'd enjoy it as much if I had a manual push mower. 5/28/08
62. Insurance, I love it when I get a dentist bill in the mail for $116, I pay $50 and the next bill is only $5. I wish all my bills were like that. 5/27/08
61. Flowers on Sweaton's Grave, I love going out there and seeing that someone loved him enough to visit and leave flowers. 5/26/08
60. Staycations, How fun is it to sleep out in your own back yard? We all had a good time, even me knowing my bed was ten feet away. 5/24/08
59. Garden Centers, It is intoxicating to walk through a garden center and imagin all the possibilities for my yard, what would look great where. 5/23/08
58. Gardens, I love seeing a beautiful garden that looks flawless and effortless, even though deep down you know someone put their heart and soul into making it look that way. 5/24/08
57. TV shows on the Internet, I needed some thing to help me decompress the past few days and vegging is really nice right now. It gets my mind off of the frustrations of reality. 5/22/08
56. Sewing Machine, a neighbor was getting rid of one and asked if I wanted it. I've been thinking about getting one for a couple years now. I can't beat free.99. Now I just need to learn how to use it. 5/21/08
55. Sprinklers that inch their way across the grass so I don't have to remember to move the water. 5/20/08
54. Huge Drivable Toy Trucks, I think Big D secretly wanted one as a kid because so far he's bought our kids three of them, but they sure keep the boys busy. 5/19/08
53. Perennials, I love that they come back year after year with very little effort on my part. 5/18/08
52. Yard Sales, when you find an awsome treasure or you make a little extra $$$. 5/17/08
51. Potty training pants that make Bear not want to potty in them because they have monster trucks on them. 5/16/08

No comments: