Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Get-Away Vacay

We are going on vacation for the next week and a half. I am so excited to go but I hate getting ready. Of course and then there is the clean up afterward, that always takes me a month to do.

Big D asked me how come I always stress so much before we go on a trip. I told him it's because when he's out in the middle of no where and he needs a 5/8 Phillips screw driver and I whip it out, I know I've done my wifely duties. I think maybe just once I should let him get every thing and every one ready for this big of a trip. Then let him listen to every one, including himself, whine about every thing that was forgotten.

Big D always complains about me being the last on in the car to go any where. Oh how hard his life is to put all the kids in the car and have to wait while I make take a once over to make sure we haven't forget ten any thing.

As a mom it is my responsibility to know where every ones misplaced book, toy, or underwear is. As a mom it is up to me to remember to pack the kitchen sink, just in case we decide to build a cabin in the middle of the forest and need it. It is up to mom to able to anticipate every ones essentials, that fill an entire house, and fit them into a camper.

Just once I'd like to go on a vacation without having to pack or prep anything. I want to wake up on morning and say to myself, "Self, lets run away for a week. Whatever we need we will buy on the way." At least I would anticipate what we left home, then I could just lay back and say, "Oh well."

No comments: