Monday, June 2, 2008

Goal #43 Try Indian Food

We decided to be adventurous, and went out to a new Indian restaurant. Ann, my sister, has been telling me I just had to try Indian food. I forgot how different her and I are. Now if Marie, my baby sister, would have told me to try it, then I'd know I'd probably like it.

I walked through the door of the restaurant and the owner/greeter/waiter/cashier shook Big D's hand, so I stuck mine out to shake his too. He wouldn't have that, he came over and embraced me in a hug. That took me back because I am not a huggy person. He was the nicest man I've ever met. Sanju, the owner/greeter/waiter/cashier, is one of those people who are instantly your best friend. He gave me a wonderful impression of people in India. I know that is sterotyping, but now I have this image in my head that everyone over in India is so outgoing and kind and wants to be my friend. If it's going to be a sterotype at least it's a nice one.

Sanju brought out our plate of food with a big cracker/waffer thing on top. I broke off a thumb nail size piece of cracker and ate it. I thought I was going to die, the heat took my breath away and I couldn't quit coughing. I so was not expecting that.

All the food was so good, but so hot. Once I ran out of water I couldn't eat any more. Sanju was so busy with all his duties that he didn't make it to our table with the water as often as we would have liked him too. I took the rest home, and since I don't eat leftovers, Big D had a nice lunch the next day.

I hope Big D won't be too disappointed if we don't ever go back. I was up all night running to the restroom. I don't think the food agreed with me. But I was adventerous enough to try it once.

No comments: