Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sand Sculptures

We were walking the Hampton Beach and found the amazing sand sculptures. They are having their annual contest and WoW there are some talented sculptors.



This sculpture came in 1st place. I probably wouldn't have chosen this as 1st, it had the least amount of detail. It is still beautiful.



I thought this one was pretty cool. It came in 2nd. Look at all that detail. See that dark line behind the sculpture? That is seaweed, that is how high the ocean swells were last night. Can you see that heap of sand in the background? That used to be a sculpture.



The 3rd place sculpture was neat too. The sculptures all had three days and 10 tons of sand to finish these masterpieces.



This sculpture is my favorite. Look at the detail in the peacocks and the water fountain. I looks like the water is really falling over the fountains edge.



This is Big D's favorite, as the other sculptures favorite. This sculpture won sculptors choice and people's choice, but no money. In other words he got a pat on the head for all that hard work.



I also liked this one. The imagination and creativity that went into this one is amazing. I could go on and on with all the sculptures. We are having a wonderful time and the best part, that is the ocean behind the scultures.

1 comment:

Camie Marie said...

I just read my kids a book on sand castles! They are going to LOVE these pics!