Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Dream Houses



I never knew I could have more than one dream house, but I do. I spotted this house as I was driving the coast up to Maine.



This house is in Maine. It belonged to a man named John Hamilton. He was one of the first men to build ships in Maine, or something like that. His view is out over a lake, wow beautiful.



I spotted this one coming in from whale watching. I bet it cost a pretty penny.



Sorry I couldn't fit the whole house in the picture, there are so many trees that it's hard to get good full shots, but look at that paint job. There are a lot of purple houses over there. I don't think that's going to spread out west any time soon.



I loved this Federal style home with the widow's walk. This house is in downtown Newburyport. The whole town is a historic museum from another time. I loved walking the streets soaking in the architecture of a former era.



This purple house has stained glass windows in almost every window. It was located out on Plum Island. The location in and of itself makes this one a dream house.



When you say a house has character over here, they know what they are talking about. Plus, it doesn't mean it's a fixer upper like it does in Idaho.



Just look at the intricate architecture. I love the corbels. The roof even has character.

1 comment:

Camie Marie said...

That's amazing. Beautiful. I've never seen a purple house I loved until now. It fits. Thank you for posting some pics!!