Friday, October 17, 2008

Gone Amiss

Big D is feeling a little overwhelmed with school and work. Yesterday he wasn't able to call or see us all day. He had to go straight from work to school.

Bear woke up this morning asking where daddy was. When I told him he was at work he asked when he got to come home. In Bear's mind daddy was at work all day the day before and all night.

Big D got home from school last night looking very despondent and discouraged. He started questioning if it is worth going to school especially since he doesn't know what he wants to do after he's done.

He feels like he's missing out on the kids lives. They are growing up so fast and missing one day of their life is more than he can take.

I tried doing everything I could think of to cheer him up. I made him a pot roast with roasted veggies. His mom brought over some chips and dip. I waited up for him while he studied, nothing worked.

I hate it when he gets so down like this. I wish there was a way to show him that he's doing the right thing by going back to school. If he could only stick it out until the end he'd be able to see what it was all for.

I am so proud of him. He works so hard to provide for our family and works even harder to make our lives better.

I am so blessed to have a husband who loves to spend time with his family. He's an awesome father and wonderful husband. Now how do I make him realize this?

No comments: