Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Destruction at Every Turn

I am so hoping this is just a phase but my kids are turning into demolition monsters. It started out with Bud. He got a $40 toy from his Grandma Ellen for his birthday, a dude riding a remote control four wheeler. He ripped the dude off an smashed him to bits.

It didn't stop there that was just the beginning. It was like this fire was ignited inside him and he started smashing any toy he could get his hands on. I would walk outside and their would just be remnants of toys scattered all over the back yard. Worse yet he was getting Bear involved.

I told them they weren't getting any more toys, ever.

We irrigate our back yard once a week. There is this low spot in our yard that puddles and the kids love to play in it. The boys have taken their big Tonka dump trucks and worn away my grass right through the middle of the puddle and around the Box elder tree.

I can't win with these monsters.

Now my girls are getting in on the destruction. Bug and Lynn went outside and dug a hole - six inches deep - in the middle of my lawn. Pretty soon passers by are going to think Rednecks live here.

What is a mother to do when driving them into the middle of nowhere and leaving them is illegal?

No comments: