Monday, March 17, 2008

When Is Enough really Too Much

I am setting up this new blog and trying to take good photographs for my Flickr sight. I am also trying to write for fun and for my English class. I feel like I am at my computer all day. I wouldn't mind so much except for the fact that Buddy Boons and Bear have been entertaining themselves while I am working. I know they need to learn to entertain themselves, however, when do I cross the line into being a bad mom for neglect? I need to learn to balance my time with my family, my schooling and my hobbies. I love them all and I don't want any of them to be neglected. I know this is not a new issue by any means. People have been stuggling with balance since the begining of time. For instance, how did Eve balance her time with Adam and her duty to further man kind? I mean really how hard can this be to balance my life.

A lot of the books I read about writing stress the importance of setting a schedule. Write on your schedule time to write and it helps take away the guilt that you should be doing something else. I love this idea because I am a fanatic about organization; I can function if I know everything is in its place. I think some people may call that anal. I am going to do it, I will set a schedule and see if it helps me feel like a better mother, wife, student, and writer. Now it's a matter of who gets what time slot and for how long.

No comments: