Friday, March 28, 2008

Goal #5 How I Saw The Lord's Hand

I finished writing my "How I saw the Lord's Hand in my Day" segment. I took this idea from President Henry B. Eyring's conference talk. I just loved his account of how it all started: his kids were young and his father, or father-in-law I can't remember which, was at Henry's house performing service for his young family. He wanted to keep a record of how grateful he was for the small ways the Lord blesses him and his family everyday so he started a journal that he continues to write in everyday.

I really enjoyed taking a minute and contemplating my blessings. I know that I am truly blessed in my life and when I search for the little blessings, not just the big ones, it helps me be that much more grateful. I would really like to continue writing about seeing the Lord's hand in my daily life. I don't exactly know how I am going to do it yet, I don't think my side bar is big enough to continue adding on. I really need to learn to be more computer literate so I can figure out some of these cool things other's have on their blogs.

I don't think I went as deep as I would have liked in my gratitude. I think if I continue to write how I saw the Lord's hand then I can start looking on a deeper level and learn something about myself.

Big D and I love to lay in bed, after our minions are all put to bed, and talk. I love to ask him how he saw the Lord's hand that day. He gives the best answers like when he was grateful he made it to work on a particularly blustery icy morning. I have to admit I was grateful for that as well. I guess I am a bit bias when it comes to Big D; I think anything that comes out of that mans mouth is wonderful.

No comments: