Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mesa, Az Temple

On Big D and I's trip to Phoenix I got to go to the temple in Mesa. It was beautiful. I was surprised to not see an angel Moroni on top but I do know there are a couple temples that don't have one.



Of course, the grounds are kept exceptionally nice. Beautiful flowers just pop with all the dry brown background. It looks like an oasis in the middle of the desert.



There were palm trees all over Phoenix but for some reason they were just more beautiful on the temple grounds.



In the back there was the petrified log sitting there. It was a gift and it used to be about 100 feet long, if I remember right. But it looks so cool, it looks like a log but it is solid rock.



I loved the reflection pool, it was calming, almost as calming as the inside was. There was an incident inside though. A young nursing mother was fasting and she passed out. They had to call paramedics to come help her. They said when she woke up she was complaining that she couldn't feel her hands. It was weird to see people who didn't belong in the temple. But it didn't take away from my wonderful day.

No comments: