Thursday, July 22, 2010

Baseball Season



The kids played baseball this season. Beaner wasn't really excited about playing but she was a good sport about it when she found out her BFF was going to be on her team.



She never whined about going to games. She just didn't have her heart in it. I don't blame her, I wasn't in to sports at her age either.



She was a little scared of the ball but she did get a few hits and even made it around all the bases a couple times.



Now Bud was another story. I don't know if it's just a boy thing but he was so excited to play baseball he'd stand in the outfield dancing as he'd wait for the ball to come to him.



He took direction very well. Every time his coach or I yelled at him to try some thing he did it and he was great.



I'm not going to lie to you, I did have to yell at him to stand up a couple times but I think that comes with the age.



Bear was so excited to play baseball. He was so patient watching his siblings participate in sports and all sorts of fun stuff that he's been too young for. This being his first year playing sports he was super excited to learn what to do.



He was a little distracted by the female players on the other team, the little flirt. Every time he'd get on base he'd start chatting up the other team players. I'd have to yell at him to run so his teammate could take their rightful place on base.



His coach was really good about giving the kids a turn at trying to catch the ball. The hard part was teaching the kids what to do with the ball once they got it.



Of course, Bug had to tell me at every game how unfair it was that she's the one who really wanted to play baseball and she's the only one who didn't get to play. In my defense I really tried, her age group started their season a whole month earlier than the others. So, Bug had to come up with other ways to entertain herself. I think she did a pretty good job.

No comments: