Thursday, April 15, 2010

Someone Let The Sunshine In

Do you ever get the feeling that the universe is working against you? It is a battle I face every day as I'm sure all of you do too. In my world I have a beautiful family, four healthy kids and one very sexy husband. I have every thing I could every want, so why do I search for more?

Am I selfish?

Am I human?

Am I just a girl who is trying to find herself and her purpose in life?

I don't know the answer. I wish I knew what drive one person to become a politician and someone else to be an engineer. I love to write! I've never claimed to be good at it. Writing is what makes me feel like I am living up to my potential. When I write is when I truly feel the closest to my Father in Heaven. I feel I am using the talents he's given me and not hiding them under a bushel.

My mom, the wise woman she is, told me once when I was a new mother and being torn between what I wanted to do and what I needed to do, she said their is a time and a season for all things. That has stuck with me and gotten me through some rough days.

I feel my season is coming. My youngest will be starting kindergarten next year and I will be able to focus, hopefully, on more than one class next semester. I understand it will still take me awhile to graduate with my degree in journalism. But this is the path I chose, to have a family before I finish college.

I know this is probably just the sunshine talking, I have to admit I'm a huge fan, but I am okay with putting myself second and some times third. I may never get to travel the world and be a well known writer for a popular magazine. I am fine with that. I may never make enough $$$ to support my family so my hubby can be a stay-at-home dad, which he would be awesome at.

All I know is I am going to write. I am going to write even if no one else reads or agrees with me. I am very blessed with the gifts and talents I've been given and I plan to use them to the best of my ability. Then I pray I learn to use them even better.

Thank you for making it through my sappy post. Some times I just have to get things off my chest. It seems to happen when I've been kissed by the sweet intoxicating rays of sun.

1 comment:

Deborah Raymond said...

Tiffany... I always enjoy the way you use words...on your blog and on facebook... keep writing girlfriend! My musings on my blog are not nearly so profound but if you're interested you can check it out... dkraymond@blogspot.com ... but there's a warning...it's not nearly as exciting!