Monday, May 18, 2009

Goals, Goals, and More Goals

I passed off quite a bit of goals this lately. I cooked dinner for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day, which was my fourth time cooking for them (Goal #10). It's kind of sad that it took me so long to pass off that goal. I just get so nervous cooking for them.

I also passed off the goal of taking my mother out to dinner in a different city (Goal #38). I kidnapped her on Friday night after Brook and Andy's open house. We went down to Salt Lake to stay in the room the happy couple would've stayed in on their honeymoon. My dad ended up getting them a lodge in Yellowstone so they chose to go there. We stayed in Salt Lake and paid for the room because it was too late to cancel. It was fun, we had a nice adventure.

And just today I passed off Goal #29: to run 5k. I didn't actually run a race but I ran the distance of a 5k. I thought I was going to die. It took me a little over 40 minutes, which is not fast by any means. I wasn't really going for speed I just wanted to see if I could do it and I did. Of course, running on a treadmill for 3.1 miles is a lot different than doing it on the pavement. We'll see, maybe I will get the courage to run an actual race this summer. I'm just proud of myself for doing, I don't care that it was on a treadmill.

I know some people have been wondering about Big D and our wager: to lose so much weight by July 17. Well, we hit a wall for a couple months. I got discouraged with the lack of progress I was seeing, but I didn't give up. I kept going to the gym at least three times a week. I wasn't eating the best so I didn't lose any weight. But I am back on track now. I've started losing weight again and Big D is started to get a little nervous, which is making him step it up. I will have some weights posted as soon as I get them. Thanks for every one's help in keeping us focused and inspired.

No comments: