Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Brook and Andy's Big Day


Brook and Andy have been pushing their wedding date back, I don't know how many times. They've been waiting for her temple divorce to go through. Well, now it's a go ahead for this Friday.

Brook and Andy decided to just set a date and get married either way; if the divorce goes through they'll get married in the temple and if not they'll get married civilly and go to the temple in a year to be sealed.

They really didn't want to have a civil ceremony. Andy felt like it would put a cloud over what is supposed to be a happy day, which I don't blame her. However, they needed to set the date and get married so they can start moving on with their lives. So they set the date for May 15 and prayed the divorce would go through by then.

The good news came last weekend, the divorce went through and they can get married in the temple. We are all so excited for them. They've asked me to take some pictures at the temple, I don't think they really looked at the engagement picture I took for them. Some turned out okay but I wished they'd turned out a lot better. I have to keep telling myself that I'm learning.

Friday is going to be a busy day. Brook is getting his endowments out, then married, pictures, with the finale of an open house. They are going to be exhausted, I'm going to be exhausted.

It is going to be a day that my whole family has been waiting for for a very long time. We all knew that Brook would eventually come back to the church and now he has.

It is so awesome to see the change in him. He is so much softer, don't get me wrong he's always been the biggest softy but now he doesn't have the hard exterior to get through before you saw the gooy insides. He is adorable! I love watching him with his wife-to-be, I've been waiting a long time to see him this happy.

No comments: