Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Day of Haircuts

The Primary Presidency took all the kids from Primary to the temple for an activity. We had a nice tour of the grounds where they showed us plants that aren't grown anywhere else in Idaho Falls (just because they won't grow) Flowers that are going to be ripped up next month to make a reflecting pool, and the entrance people usually use for Baptisms of the dead which too is being remodeled next month.

We watched some movies in the visitors center, learned about nebulas (places where stars are born), and how tiny our planet really is in the grand scheme of the universe and all the Lord's glory.

On our way home Bud got ahold of some putty which ended up in his hair, so guess what we got to do when we got home?



We get to cut hair. Since I had to cut Bud's I figured I'd torture Bear as well. If you look close you can see the putty in Bud's bangs.



This is how he looked after I just removed the putty. I asked him if he wanted me to leave his hair like this, he said probably not.



I usually shave both boys head, and Big D's too, but I wanted to leave it a little longer on top with Bear, Bud didn't have that choice anymore. I think they turned out pretty cute. It will be a nice summer haircut, at least for two weeks until we have to do it again.



The girls and I decided we wanted nice summer dos too. We looked at a bunch of different hairstyles on the internet and which haircut looks best to match the shape of our faces. Each girl picked the cut they wanted and we were off to the barber.



Beaner chose a cut pixie haircut. She has so much trouble with her brushing her hair, it's so thick and gets rats nests so easy. She gets mad every time I make her brush her hair ten times before it looks good. I think this is the best choice for her, I'm glad she decided on this one.

Bug and I actually chose the same do, a layered bob. I think it makes her look so much older, which I tell her every day she really must stop doing. This will be nice because she wanted it off her neck, which it is, but it isn't too short as to accentuate her round face and make it look rounder (if that is even a word).

Both girls have already had a lot of compliments and I can't quit running my fingers through Beaner's hair, because I can.

Now the only one who needs a haircut is Big D, where's my razor?

No comments: