Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Anyone Need a Contractor?

A couple years ago Big D and the kids were wrestling on our bed when Big D put his foot through the wall. I thought a quick patch job is all it needed until I started taking down the broken sheetrock and discovered black mold. We were in no position to fix it so we didn't bother it for awhile, I know that probably isn't the smartest idea but when you don't have the $$$ what are you going to do.

I finally decided to tackle the wall and see just how far this mold went. I was scared it went all the way into our restroom and up in the ceiling. I ripped out one complete wall and it kept going and so did I. I had to rip out our closet but it stopped before it reached our restroom, yeah! It also didn't make it up to the ceiling, few.

In order to fix our bedroom, which is in the basement we decided it is a good time to upgrade at least one of our windows and make it an egress window. Long story short we had to move out of our room to get every thing done that needs to be done.

We ended up getting rid of our toy room and turned it into our quiet room/office. The former quiet room is now our bedroom, yes, that would be upstairs :0(



The last time the toy room was painted was ten years ago when it was our oldest, Bug's room. We took every thing out and I figured I could live with patch marks on the walls before I could live with big holes every where.



So our little contractors in training helped patch the 150 holes. Grandpa would be so proud. I think construction is in the blood.

Needless to say, all our bedroom project has told us, is we need to redo our whole house. Thank goodness we can do it one room at a time.

No comments: