Tuesday, May 25, 2010

First Irrigation of the Season

I was mowing the back yard when I heard water flowing in the irrigation. I thought I could stay ahead of the water so I hurried and mowed where the water was first going to hit, then I ran and turned on the water.



Boy was I wrong. The water pressure was awesome so I had to postpone my mowing, darn it. It is a real good thing I didn't plant my garden right after Big D rototilled it (I couldn't because it rained for the next three days after he got done).



I don't know what it is about mud and kids but they are two magnetic forces that refuse to stay apart. And yes, I did tell them not to get mud on their cloths. Too Late!



Beaner was kind enough to build this bridge out of stepping stones so no one had to get muddy. The boys didn't listen, but Bug thought she'd try it since she didn't want to get dirty.



Needless to say it didn't last long. I "accidentally" pushed her in, can you see the tude all over her face. You can't tell she's a tweeny, can you?



That white shirt is not going to last long, why do I bother getting them cute cloths? Oh well, they're only kids once.



I think Bud was the first to dive in. I'm just happy he decided to change out of his school cloths first.



I had all of them line up on the stones so I could take a picture of their dirty toes. Personally I don't think you can see any of their toes. Afterward I had Beaner pull all those stone out before dad gets home from Pittsburgh and tills my garden again. Maybe this time I will be able to plant it.

If you thought that a little rain made it difficult to plant, wait till you see what the kidfactor did to the garden.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how grown up your girls are getting they are so pretty!! We REALLLY REALLLY need to bbq this summer.

Ann Flower said...

Nice blog. Expecting picture of blooms in your garden on your upcoming blog.