Monday, October 12, 2009

Newsletter

As most of you who read my blog know, I wrote the family newsletter this month for the first time in about two years.

I hope everyone who wanted a copy got one, let me know if you didn't and I will try again.

I really enjoyed putting it together. I forgot how much time it takes but I loved every minute. I've already started on next months just so I can spread it out and not get caught at the end of the month with my pants down.

Family newsletters can have a bad rap. I know some people don't like them that much, which is fine each to their own.

The reason I wanted to start doing one again is because I feel so detached from a lot of my family members whether it be because of distance or just lack of time to socialize.

I find when I am forced to call everyone once a month to get updates I love to just chat and feel like I am a part of your lives. Some of you I only get to see on special occasions and that can be few and far between.

I don't know how long I'm going to be able to do the newsletter again. Once I'm back in school I might have to try doing one every three months instead of once a month, which I know will make some happy.

Over all I hope you are happy with the newsletter and me butting into your lives again. I am trying to get more people involved this go around so you don't have to just hear from me and my ideas.

Thank you to all who helped with this last one and to all of you, please let me know if you want to contribute to any future ones.

No comments: