Monday, October 12, 2009

Goal #37 Run Away with Sisters for Weekend

Okay the goal said to run away with my sisters, but there was a substitution. My brother, Lowell, and I went down to visit my sister Ann for her birthday. Marie was home visiting so she wasn't there.

Ann celebrated her big 3-0 this month. She was feeling down because she feels like she hasn't accomplished anything in her thirty years. She feels even worse when she compares herself to me: married and gave birth to all my kids by 28.

I think she's accomplished a lot. She's getting her education which is soooo important. She's gone ski diving, something I would love to do. She's wrestled herself into every one's hearts and made us all feel special and loved.

She has served a two year mission to Jackson, Mississippi, that is something I can't do until all my kids are raised.

Ann is a strong, beautiful person on the inside and out. She has always been the peace giver in our family. She has a angelic singing voice that I've always been jealous of, but I am very grateful she has such a talent.

I love how she hates to write but she always encourages me to. She loves to share her ideas with me and then push me to write a story about it.

Ann is always the first one to jump in with a hug or a kind word when she knows you're down.

I love being around her because she inspires me to be a better me.

I think Ann is one of the best sisters anyone could have, Marie is right there with her. I wish Ann knew how special she is to her whole family. I hope we gave her a small clue by coming down just for her, and I would do it again in a heart beat.

Happy Birthday! I love you to Eternity and Beyond!

No comments: