Thursday, October 1, 2009

Goal #46 No Out To Eat

I so didn't think this goal was going to be as hard as it was. I didn't realize how many times we fell back on the fast food system. Wow, I'm a bad mom.

I think it was really good for our family to take one month and not go out to eat. Not only did it help our pocket book it also helped us with our healthy goals. I'm not saying that one month of no fast food made us healthy, but it did help us feel better and realize what we are doing to our body putting that crap in it.

The funny thing is, to celebrate not going out to eat, I went out to eat at Mama Inez for their Wednesday night Nachos with some girlfriends. They were not that good so I only had a couple bites and ate ice chips the rest of the night.

I think the world as a whole is getting way too dependent on the McDonald's and Taco Bells. And then we whine about being a fat nation.

Well I know I'm fat and I know why and I still whine about it. I wish things could be different, I wish milkshakes didn't take so darn good. And how come healthy food can't taste divine? The world would be a better place if chocolate was the biggest element on the food pyramid. Maybe some day, who knows.

No comments: