Thursday, August 6, 2009

No House

Big D and I have decided to pull out on purchasing a new house. We feel it just isn't the right move for our family at this time.

Wow, that all sounds very sterile.

We've been going back and forth on this house for a couple months now. I kept thinking if I just gave Big D time to process then he'd come around, I was wrong. We started fighting, which we never do, and finally I talked Big D into getting blessings to see if that would help.

Lowell gave me one and Brook gave Big D one, by the way that was Brooks first time EVER giving a blessing and he did awesome.

In my blessing I was told to listen to my husbands council as he uses his priesthood to harken unto the Lord. In other words I was told to shut up sit down and quit interferring.

The next night we walked over to the ice cream parlor for some fresh air. I told Big D I was going to give him until the count of ten to make a decision and we were sticking with it.

The count of ten lasted ten minutes. I asked him for his decision and he said he didn't want to do it, and so we're not.

A house is sooooo not worth fighting over in my book. I love having a peaceful happy home and if we move into a home where we are always fighting then it's not going to be very peaceful and happy.

I'm not going to say that I'm not dissappointed, I am. I love the house and now I have to stare at it every day.

I guess I was just ready for a new adventure. I saw this house as a blank canvas just begging me to splash a little Tiffany all over it.

I'm very proud of Big D for making a tough decision. That's one of the reasons I love him soooo much, his ability to do what is right even when it's not the most popular with his wife. What a great guy I married!

No comments: